Monday, May 23, 2011

Garage Sales

Back when I lived in the San Diego area, I would often see "Garage Sale" signs on the weekends.  Not so in our new town.  Here the sales begin on Thursday and continue through the weekend.  But that's not all.  I get the feeling that they are a social event in our  neighborhood.  I know this for a fact.  I had a garage sale soon afte we moved to this house in an attempt to get rid of many unwanted items.  Not only was it a success but we made some friends at the same time.  A couple with kids stoped by and stayed for around two hours, just chatting with us.  Another neighbor stayed for about half hour and many others stayed around for a while too.

Around a month ago, my mother, who lives a few blocks away, had a garage sale too.  I went over to help and the same thing happened.  Three different people came by and each stayed at least one to two hours.


That being said, I have to share with you a wonderful find that I came upon on a Thursday morning during one of my walks. 


This beautiful chair is one of two that I purchased at a garage sale for $10.00 each.  They are made by Nichols & Stone and new, they sell for around $395.00 each.  All in all, a real bargain.  I just love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment